Monday, September 15, 2003

Today I spent time with my family at Red Rock. We went on some small trails, took a few pictures, talked about the desert, the plants, saw a donkey, some squirrels, and savored the fresh air and quiet. It felt good to be out of the house and away from people.

I was inspired to write, but was unable to find the time as I was busy with the kids and my husband. I have decided that I want to hike the loop, and will invite everyone from house church to join me. We can pack lunch, then pick a cool day in October and make a day of it. If no one else shows up, then what an awesome experience it will be for me and God.

There is just something about the smell of the desert, the massive beauty of the surrounding mountains, the dry wind, the hot sun. I think that for the first time, I really love where I live, and I am realizing how sad it will be to leave it all for the unknown.

It is almost funny how one of the things I longed for the most (true friendships) became a reality right when I am faced with having to leave. I will miss my friends, their kids, our coffee on Saturdays, our work outs during the week. I will miss a lot of things, but my church family the most. Sigh!

No comments: