Sunday, September 21, 2003

Insomnia sucks. I have had it for about a year, maybe more. I thought it was getting better but I guess I am wrong.

I was driving today and looking at others in their cars and was struck with the odd way we all look sitting in these little metal boxes with wheels, polluting the air as we selfishly carry ourselves from one place to another, forgetting that God gave us legs for such a thing.

How odd it must have been to be one of the people to first experience such a thing. My grandmother was born in 1904. She was twenty in the 1920's, and thirty in the 1930's, and so on, and I often wonder what it must have been like for her to see so many things change as her life went on. She died in 1994 at the age of 90. She saw the depression, the wars, the roaring twenties, the first cars, the first televisions, the first color televisions, the women's rights movement, the first man on the moon. Unfortunately I never had much of an interest in learning about what her life was like while she was still here. I was too caught up in being a brat child, caught in my own drama, pretending to know everything. Oh the things we regret when we get older. I think about her a lot. I believe she is my guardian angel, watching over me, helping me along my path. I miss her.



No comments: