Saturday, September 20, 2003

Okay, I survived the game. Well, actually, I really loved the game. It was one of the best we have been at in a long time. I was screaming and yelling and jumping up and down. I almost lost my voice by the end of it all and UNLV won 33-22. There were over 36,000 people there so it was very loud, and there were a few fights which kind of sucked because while people were standing up trying to see what was going on, there were some good plays made that they all missed.

I guess I have to confess, I am truly a football fan. More so this year than ever. I will have to blame Shad for this one. Football and design shows. Those seem to be my weakness these days. What a sad case I am. It could be worse I suppose. I could be throwing time away by watching mystery Science Theatre every Saturday as well. Wait, I do that too. I guess I am a hopeless case after all. The best part of the whole night, however, was about five minutes from home when I started laughing uncontrollably for no reason what so ever. I was laughing so hard I was crying. There was really nothing funny going on, I just started laughing and couldn't stop. I laughed the whole way home. It felt good.

This morning I saw my friend Susie, and we had coffee. She is such an inspiration to me. So strong and gifted in so many ways. Sometimes I envy her freedom. Other times I envy her gift with children. God's love just oozes out of her whenever she is around a child. What an awesome gift.

No comments: