Sunday, August 22, 2004

Last journal entry of India

So, here it is,





Wednesday---I am so excited to go home to my family. My nose is sore this morning and so I keep messing with it. I really don't want to get it infected so I keep putting antibiotic ointment on it.

It is quiet this morning in our room. The air conditioner is drowning out the sounds behind the thin walls around us. Outside there is a Muslim priest preaching over the loud speaker. They do this three or four times a day here. Sometimes I wish I knew what they were saying. Other times, I am afraid of what they might be saying.

I am anxious to get this day going. I really just want to be on the plane already going home. I have decided that if I can't travel with Shad and the girls together, I don't travel. It is so hard and I miss them so much. Some nights I forget I am gone and wake up remembering I am in India. Bumber. Not totally, I mean, I feel blessed to have traveled here, I just really miss my family.

Susie seems a bit grouchy. She has been so awesome this whole trip, I feel that she is just very upset to be leaving. I pray that her next trip will be a longer one.

I miss my kids crawling on my asking for Coco Puffs. I miss Shad's sarcasm, Gram's phone calls, Toni's sarcasm, Jim's jokes, Shannon's love, Rob's silliness, JR's arrogance, Shonna's smile, the children's laughter, among other things. Perhaps my greatest lesson is love and compassion for all people this trip. Patience and kindness, and understanding as well.

Family is everywhere, and I mean just that. I hope my children learn that. I want to be a better mother, a better wife, a better friend, a better sister in Christ. God is helping me do this. Only God.

I pray for a fun, but swift last day in India for all of us. Fun, swift, and very safe.

Thank you!





------I never had time to write anything else about our trip, so if you are wanting to know more, just ask. I am here. Thanks for reading. Love you all.

No comments: