Friday, June 25, 2004

News

Working out sucks, but then that is just my opinion.

Today is a work day and cleaning day. Yes, my life is filled with mystery and adventure. The girls finally have organized rooms, and I need to start painting MacKenzie's this weekend. I really want it done before I leave for India. I have plenty of paint and anyone is welcome to help. Hint hint!


On other news, there was a court date yesterday for the little girl and her grandmother who are living with my mother. The grandmother has custody until December, at which time they will see how far the mother has come. She says she will go into a program, however, she didn't show up to any of the meeting times with her daughter, and she is still using, and now she is pregnant. I was informed that she sent a lawyer in her place yesterday because if they find out she is using while she is pregnant, she will be put in jail until the child is born for child endangerment, unless she aborts the child.

She has two days to get tested, and there will be someone checking out the issues of her being pregnant. And so the story unfolds.

I have mixed feelings about the whole "abort the baby or loose it while in jail" thing. But I will keep those comments to myself. They all need prayer, and I will leave it at that.

My children are going to spend a weekend with their grandfather in San Diego in a couple of months. They will be with their cousins and fly alone. This is a big step for me, so pray, pray, pray.


No comments: