Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Here we go.......

So we had an awesome weekend of little sleep, super hot days, tons of people and frustration, but tons of fun and an outcome we never expected.

We have tickets, yet if we don't raise enough money before we go, we don't get to take the girls to India. That is because a church helped us with the tickets, and expect us to pay them before we leave next month. So, if you have an itch to help, contact myself or Susie, or Kellinee as we are having a softball tournament on June 26th to raise the funds we need. We could use tons of prayer and tons of people willing to get out there and play for a day to help out these girls. T-shirts and a BBQ lunch will be provided to all who raise money to play. For more information, email me at smatheny1@earthlink.net and let me know that you are here in Vegas wanting to help out. We are accepting donations as well and all are tax deductible.

Okay, now that I am done begging for money, my true thoughts on this trip have been changing every day. I am so excited and want this to happen so bad. I realized over the last few days that I was once one of these girls and so I can see where this kind of trip could change them in so many ways. It's changing me and I haven't even been there yet. Susie is working her butt off to make this whole thing a reality. I admire her so much for her strength and dedication. She loves these kids and really wants a chance to make a huge difference in their lives. She already has.

I am so grateful to the Carder's and the way they ooze hospitality and God's love. They have been so great to us. And every one at Apex rocks!!!!

Well, it is late and I am very tired. There is lots to do tomorrow and not enough time in the day, so I am out of here. Thanks to all who have been praying and helping.

No comments: