Sunday, March 28, 2004

God is pointing to India

Well, after much prayer, I have decided to take the job of chaperone on the "Middle Schoolers Teaching and Coaching in India" trip. It will be me and Susie and seven of her students/basketball team girls on a wild ride to India and back. I am very excited and anxious to get things rolling. The first job is done. We have made our letters to send out asking for financial support. The rest is up to God. We need a total of $18,000 to get us all there. Obviously we need a ton of prayer as this is a huge goal to shoot for by mid July. If anyone is interested in finding out how to help support our efforts to give seven girls ( and two adults) a once in a life time educational chance, you can email me at smatheny1@cox.net and I will send you a copy of our letter.

In the meantime I have lots of letters to get out to family and friends to let them in on our plans. I am so excited to be able to do this, and to have the opportunity to learn about and share the culture of India.

No comments: