Monday, September 13, 2004

Have you ever....

I was thinking about church and I really don't know what the hell I am talking about but I feel like so many of the people who go to churches like Canyon Ridge are so fake. They smile at me in a fake way, they talk to me in a fake way, they have silly (in my opinion) rules and regulations. They judge just as much as the next person. What makes a person so much more special than the next? THEY AREN'T! We all suck the same, so why is it so hard for some of us to admit that?

Like I said, I suck and don't know what in the hell I am talking about, I'm just letting stuff fly out of my mouth like usual. If you take offense, oh well. You will get over it. Or maybe not.

Have you ever had a day when you just wanted to say what ever you really felt, and then did? Good. Do it again!








4 comments:

MrH said...

Sherry,
I don't know you very well, but I do know that what I do know, I like. Good for you saying what's inside of you. You rock!

Cheryl said...

From your perspective is Apex any different? I haven't been to any services beside Apex for a while. Just curious.

Sherry said...

Well, Cheryl, I feel that Apex is the same in many ways. People show up, smile at you, say a nice hello as they walk on by and avoid eye contact with those they really don't want to talk to. I know because I have done it many times. I suck at personal relationships, getting to know people is hard for me, and I tend to follow the crowd in a lot of things, just like the rest of us.

The thing that got to me last week was being in a big church, being told "lets pray" and I looked up to see everyone with thier heads down, eyes closed except for the person on the stage who was reading his prayer off of a piece of paper. That just seemed wrong to me. Who cares? Probably no one but me, and that is fine.

The thing I like is that when we pray or someone is teaching something at Apex, they don't need a peice of paper to read off of, they just pray what is in thier hearts and minds at the time. I like that. I also feel that at Apex, the people "in charge" are at least able to look a group into thier eyes and say, " I suck just like you" which is not something you find in bigger churches often enough. But like I said, this is just my opinion.

Cheryl said...

I like being on a journey with you. Sorry I didn't talk to you on Sunday :) doesn't mean I didn't want to. I appreciate your insight and honesty.