Sunday, November 16, 2003

Being a parent is so hard sometimes. Like when one is sick and you have to sit and watch and wish you could take it all away but you can't. Or when the other one wants to do something that would probably be really fun, but you feel deep down that it wouldn't be the right thing to do, so you say no and can just feel the pain in their heart as they cry because they don't want to miss out on the fun that they know the other kids will have with out them.

My mother put "The Fear" in me as I call it. The fear of just about everything. I am trying not to pass it on to my girls, but find it hard not to. I hear all of these stories of kids being taken, raped, killed, whatever, and it breaks my heart. And to know that it could happen to anyone, even us, that just is a very scary thing. I can tell that I am going to have some major issues with letting them go as the times come. I already am. We are so blessed.

Pray for our friend Misty.
Pray for my friend, (brother) Michael and his father who is dying with cancer.
Pray for my brother's mother-in-law who is dying with cancer.
Pray for everyone who is dying with cancer.


I hate cancer.

No comments: