Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Watch out, brain spill...

You know, I have a hard time with the uncertainty of my future. I mean, well, I just like to have a heads up. Not that I ever do though, I mean, we like to fool ourselves into thinking we know what is going to happen, but when life is lived it never really goes the way we planned. Bare with me, I'm just spilling thoughts here...
So here we are stuck in a place we never really expected to stay. We thought we would get here, experience the place and move on but the reality of our situation is that we are here for another two years or more. Most likely more. What I find sad is that we have been so wrapped up in getting away that it is only now I realize we should be enjoying the blessing of being here instead. Not that we haven't enjoyed being here. We have, but I think we have been taking it for granted more than anything.
Anyway, I've had to accept the facts of the situation and now my next issue is getting my other half to decide what in the hell he wants to do or where he wants us to go because this place is huge and finding a home would be a lot easier if we chose one place to look instead of fifty. We shall see how this all goes. In the meantime, we still have to tell family back home and my mother-in-law is going to be pissed. She'll get over it, but still, it's not going to be pretty.
I hind sight, there are way worse places for us to have gotten stuck so I am done bitching. :)

No comments: