Monday, October 29, 2007

CAUTION!! I'm ranting...

It was a great dance for Hailey. She made some new friends and had a great time. And Mackenzie had so much fun at a Halloween party she and I went to on Saturday night.


Speaking of the party Saturday night.........That party was so eye opening for me. There are just so many things that Mackenzie seems to be missing out on by not being in public school here, and I have to say that I am so GLAD!!! I'm going to go off now, so don't continue to read if you think this will offend you.


Many of these little girls were rude and disrespectful and when they started dancing, they threw on some rap (which was really good actually) and started dancing like you see on the videos. You know, the ones with the half naked women that shake their asses and do the little head snap thing like they are all that? Yep, and these little girls are just ten years old. Now, I am all for little girls having self confidence, but this was way out of line. And at one point, after hearing how some of the girls were talking, Mackenzie walks up to me and snaps out something about she wants a cookie and she can talk to me like this if she wants to, with attitude flying all over. I snapped that little girl right back in line real quick let me tell you. Soon after, we went home.


When we first arrived to this party I was introduced as a home schooler, and one lady says to me, "so you will be putting your kids back in school for high school right?" And I of course say no, and she gives me this concerned look and says, "Oh? I thought home schoolers always put their kids back in school during high school so they can get the socialization they needed."

Yep, my kids have no social skills at all. They have grown to the ages of nine and thirteen without being properly educated in social skills because we obviously must keep them in the house and never let them out to socialize with anyone but their parents, each other, and their dog. As a matter of fact, my kids probably don't even know how to read let alone have any social skills! Those poor kids! Yes, I am being extremely sarcastic. And no, I didn't say this to the lady.
I said no, that I would home school through High School and left it at that. Some comment at just the right moment set me off.

Now, don't get me wrong, there was some fun during the evening. The girls went on a scavenger hunt and did some cool crafts. And Mackenzie had a pretty good time with most of the girls that were there. And I was very grateful for having been invited and for Mackenzie included. But it made me thankful for the home school group we have. VERY thankful. And helped to reinforce our schooling choices.

Ranting over!


Other than that, life is fine. We are looking for a house to buy as we will not be transferring any time soon. "No transfers until further notice." And we are looking to get closer to the city, so I will update on that later. As a matter of fact, as soon as I am done writing this, I will be contacting a realtor and setting up an appointment to go see a house up north. But again, I will update on that later. I hope you have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is me, just a little sad. :( I was hopin' you would get the transfer.