Thursday, July 12, 2007

Summer Vacation!?


Well, we have had such a crazy summer vacation time. The kids went to Ohio, Vegas, and the county fair. Tomorrow night we are taking them to a concert, then we are going to the Monterrey Bay Aquarium on Saturday. We hit Vegas again at the end of the month, and end the summer vacationing with a huge party for Hailey's 13th birthday. Throw in movies, park days and other non planned activities and we have been busy!


The crazy part is that there is more travel to come, and more activities and school hasn't even officially started yet. But it is so clear to me how much the girls are still learning during this break. I love home schooling! I love that it can be so flexible and that there is so much learning going on the whole time.


I am coming to realize more and more that home schooling is really just living life. You might think I am just crazy and, well, I have no argument there but I know how I feel and what I see. There is no denying that learning is happening when the kids go out in the corn field and capture fireflies and question how their little butts light up. (The fire fly butts, not the kids). Or when kids try to calculate the distance they have traveled. And when as a parent I am constantly asked questions like why a word is spelled the way it is spelled, why something is called what it is called, or where something came from by my children, I am forced to do a little learning myself. So, I know learning is taking place no matter where we are, or who we are with. It is happening all of the time in so many different ways and I love that we have the freedom to learn this way.


Okay, I am done now. I sometimes get a little carried away I guess. I just love what I do.

So we are off to run an errand or two, then it's laundry time and then I have school tonight. Man we are busy. I am deffinitly looking forward to my little mini vacation in Sacramento.

Now go learn something!

No comments: