Sunday, January 13, 2008

Livin' La Vida Loca

Life has been on the crazy side lately. My days are filled and the work never ends, and for some reason, I am kind of glad. Not that I haven't had my plate full while working and home schooling in the past, but this time it is a little different somehow.

Anyway, I started last week on my internship working two nights out of the week. Both nights I found myself going through a mix of emotions. When I found myself with nothing specific to do, I would stand there questioning myself and my presence there. Yet when the people would come in for group, I would find myself feeling relaxed a bit, and totally engaged in listening to their stories while trying to think of ways to connect with them a little better. One unexpected outcome of all of this was memories of past events clicking into my mind, producing weird dreams and slight anxiety. I am hoping that eventually goes away but for now I keep moving forward.

I was told that I will be given my own group to work with pretty soon, and I am both looking forward to it and frightened at the same time. Today I plan on doing research on the twelve steps and other recovery material so I can be better prepared. This is going to be a wild and wonderful twelve week journey. Any advice would be helpful. :)

No comments: