Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008! Yes!

I am a big fan of starting over on a new year. To me, it really does feel like a nice new start to life, a time where one can take out the trash of the past and start the new year with a new clean bag for all that future trash to come. I can smell the freshness even now!

Today I accomplished a few things that made me feel good later. One was finally purchasing a new address book that isn't a day timer. The idea here is to have a book I don't have to throw out that has all of the important dates and information on family and friends in it. This way I don't lose them either.
Another accomplishment was going to shop for groceries and being able to pass up the cookies and other crap that we really don't need in our house. Although, I would love a cookie and a glass of milk right about now. Oh well.

I'm thinking about taking on a part time job soon at the local community counseling and medical center. I will be doing some work experience for school there anyway and thought I might look into working for them afterwards. My work experience will start in a couple of weeks and I will be working along side a counselor for a drug and alcohol program. They have groups for people who are court ordered to go, and groups for those who want to be there. It should prove to be an interesting four months to say the least and I am actually looking forward to it.

Christmas was fine. We spent a lot of time with family and that time flew by way too fast. It would have been nice to stay longer, but we have so much going on here that we had to get home. Our drive was great as there was very little traffic and we were not in a hurry so we took our time. We got home around just after 9pm on New Year's Eve and celebrated the new year with a confetti fight with the kids. All in all, a nice trip and a great ending to the year. We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

The kids will be starting school again next week. I have a study on the presidential election planned with hopes of bringing history into it in a way that won't be too boring. I also have a few vacations to plan that will include educational aspects. One trip is to Oregon for our niece's graduation from college. I'm looking forward to spending time there exploring and learning with the kids. We plan on taking a trip to Yosemite at some point as well.

I'm tired so I am off to bed.
May your dreams be big and your actions even bigger.

No comments: