Monday, November 27, 2006

Our Vegas Trip

The drive there was long, but went well with little traffic. Our welcome was good, and we enjoyed hanging out with mom and dad. Monday we visited with Shonna and our niece and nephew for a while. The kids had a blast hanging out with each other. Can't remember if we saw Happy Feet that night, or some other night, but we saw it just the same. Kaleb danced all the way out of the theatre and to the car. It was hilarious!

On Tuesday morning, we woke up to find out that a family friend had lost her husband in a car accident over night. Very sad and very shocking.
We also went to visit with the Carder family and got to hang out a bit. It was great to catch up. Amy and I made pancakes and the kids ran around having fun chasing chickens and meeting Jessie's new horse. After our visit, we took the kids bowling and had a great time. We saw the Reed's and Hailey and Cassia were able to catch up on what's been going on in their lives. It's crazy how things change over time.

Wednesday we went to the movies and saw the Santa Clause movie. It was really good and the kids loved it. Later, we went to visit with my brother and his new wife to be, Cheri. He let me sit on his new Harley and listen to the engine a while which was very nice. I would have taken it for a ride but couldn't lift it an inch! It was a nice visit, but way too short.

Thanksgiving day was spent at Shannon's with family and friends. The day was great, with great food and plenty of football, although there was drama which made a small damper in the mood. Yet, in the end we all had a great visit with our family.

Friday the girls and I went to visit with my best friend Amy for lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. We exchanged Christmas gifts because we won't see each other for Christmas, and were able to catch up a bit about the things going on in our lives. I miss her a lot. Later we visited cousins, then drove to the other side of town to have dinner with more family, then Shad and I went to have dinner with his parents that night.

There are more things that happened and more things that we did, but for some reason I can't remember the days we did them, or the exact details. The trip was long, stressful, and yet wonderful too. I really didn't feel that we had enough time to do all we wanted to do, or see everyone we wanted to see. I guess that is always how it goes. Our drive home which should have taken eight hours ended up taking eleven hours which totally sucked because we were all tired and emotionally spent. But we made it home safe, and the best part is, we get to do it all again in four short weeks! And I know now that I will need to make some definite plans in order to see those who I didn't see this time.

I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with good food, and little drama.

No comments: