Sunday, June 08, 2008

A question or two...

How do you connect with teens ages 12-19 who are using drugs?
Kids who have parents who smoke pot or who have taught their kids that pot really isn't a drug or that it isn't harmful?
Kids with parents who stand there with a drink in there hand saying "don't drink" or who decide other things in life are more important than their kids who is strung out on heroin?
Kids who use who are having kids themselves?

The job I accepted is hard. I mean, these kids aren't stupid. They know what they are doing. Most of them fully accept that the drugs they use are harmful and most of them will tell you they could care less. So how does a person reach them? I mean, I know the different theories and techniques, but I am thinking there has got to be a better way. Or perhaps there are just a lot of things I still need to learn. 

I'll have to write more later....

No comments: