Tuesday, March 29, 2005

sad stories, answered prayers, and happy Easter!

I was just looking through some of the other blogs an noticed one where someone is struggling with their family. I can so relate, but it makes me sad to know that there is some one else who is going through the stress and sadness of a situation like that. It sucks when you can't talk to your family. You can only listen and pray.

Speaking of prayers, mine have been answered as of late. The little girl who's mom was struggling with drugs, and who was living with her sick grandmother is back with her mom, and her mom is totally different these days. Clean, sober and taking great care of her children.

I've started to go for a walk every day, about three and one half miles. I wake up at around 5:30am and take the dog. She drags me the first mile or so, and then I end up dragging her the last mile. It has been good, but my shoes are bad, so I have blisters. How sad is that, blisters from just walking. I am hoping to end my struggles with my weight and turn into a vegetarian at the same time. If any of you have some pointers, comment them my way. So far I have learned how to make some Portabello wraps that are very tasty. And stir fry is very good with out meat. Oh, and I started making these blueberry protein shakes that are very good as well.

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend. I found it very awesome to sit with my kids and teach them the actual reason for Easter. We read from the Bible and they had some good questions. Does anyone know if we have to live forever in Heaven? MacKenzie isn't sure she wants to.

No comments: