Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Cartoons and Jesus

Every morning I sit and wonder how I end up all alone watching cartoons. I don't start out alone in front of the TV. Usually I am asked to watch cartoons with my youngest. She turns on her favorites and we sit and watch them, then suddenly I realize I am the only one in the room. How does that happen? Perhaps I only imagine her wanting me to watch cartoons. Perhaps it's all in my head. Maybe, just maybe I really just love to watch cartoons and I just make up a reason to watch them so no one will know. Because what might others thing if they found out I was a cartoon lover? Naw! That's just silly!


So why do I end up worshiping alone? I didn't start out alone. I usually would be asked to gather together with a group of fellow worshipers and we would worship together. But then suddenly I found myself all alone with my bible. Perhaps I only imagined the others who wanted to worship together. Perhaps it's all in my head. Maybe, just maybe I really love to worship and I just made up a reason to worship so no one will really know. Because what might others think if they found out I was a Jesus lover? Naw! That's just silly!

No comments: