Friday, March 21, 2008

A part of me is missing...

I can't find my journal in this mess of a freshly moved house, so I feel as though I am missing a part of me. Since I journal with my hands, I suppose I could say my right hand in missing. It feels weird not to have that part of me, that safe place to settle in to at night, or during my day. I don't want to buy a new one though, because I want the one I started with. So, I suppose I will have to start opening boxes and bags of stuff and begin the search tonight after work.

I just started reading this crazy and outrageous story called The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka the other night. It is very bizarre but has some great humor in to it. I'm anxious to find out just what happens in the end. It starts with a man trying to get up and get ready for work, but he wakes up and discovers he has transformed into some kind of insect. He scares his family half to death as they finally discover his secret and then they gradually begin to accept the transformation and start to take care of him. It truly is a strange story.

Well, time to go to work. I suppose I will write more on this blog until I find my missing journal. :)

No comments: