Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fear

Sometimes I wonder what I am really doing in life. I have all of these dreams and goals, but set them aside to work on "the important things" only to realize I forgot about my dreams and goals. And one day as I look at them all stacked up on the floor in the corner with dust on them, I get inspired to clean them off and pick them up again only to get distracted once again. It's a vicious cycle I have been stuck in lately. I'm tired of being stuck. Who is really stuck anyway? Stuck is just a comfortable place we like to go to when we are avoiding the actions we fear doing. Because its fear we are really hiding from anyway. Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of judgement and so on. Fear, now that's something I could write about. Fear is one of those subjects we can all relate to in one way or another. Everyone has been afraid of something or someone at some point in their lives. Think about it. Who has never experienced fear? And how is it that fear can have such control over our lives anyway? Because we let it. We choose to feel it and embrace it sometimes depending on the situation. It keeps us in comfort and allows us to avoid the icky and unfamiliar. Fear. Such a simple little word with such huge impact. 

No comments: